The Rules –
The Liebster Award nominations are chosen by fellow bloggers for those newer or up-and-coming bloggers. The goal is to help give recognition and to also help the new blogger reach more viewers. It also recognizes blogs that are considered to be “lovely” by the fellow-blogger who chose them. This award acknowledges bloggers who share their story or thoughts in a beautiful manner to connect with their viewers and followers. In order to “accept” the award the nominated blogger must follow several guidelines.
nominations are pretty similar to the One Lovely Blog nominations. We give his reward to fellow new-ish bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to help them reach more viewers. In order to “accept” this reward the nominated blogger must follow the guidelines below.
- Thank the person who nominated you for the award and link back to their blog.
- Add the Leibster Award logo to your post and/or blog.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award (and have less than 200 followers).
- Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions.
My Response –
Thanks to those who have nominated me. While I realize this is a purely social reward, it means that someone cared enough about what I am doing here to read my writings and to share my blog with their followers. That is like, kind of a big deal.
- Send Sunshine – Motivational quotes and positive thoughts. We all need more or those some days.
- Staying Mom – An expat living in Australia shares some of her adventures in parenting.
- Berryduchess – This is another quirky and fun blog I’ve only just begun to discover.
Because I was nominated for this by three amazing bloggers… I have a lot of questions. OMG 33 whole questions I have to answer… pray for repeats. That will make my life easier.
I’m going to answer them all in time. For now here is my list in a totally random order.
- If you can have lunch with a famous person, who will it be? Alive or dead? Does it matter? OK… So here is the deal… I don’t like meeting famous people. I’ve done it once or twice, sometimes it is awesome, other times I find out this person I idolized is an ass and it ruins it forever.
- What is your favorite drink? Non-alcoholic – Coca-Cola. I pink puffy heart love Coke. I know it is straight up poison sugar water and is terrible for you. It is just so frigging yummy. Alcoholic – I’m a big fan of Bourbon. Partially because it pairs so well with Coke, partially because it is tasty on it’s own, partially because it burns so good. Wine – Yes, it deserves it’s own entry. I like a medium body, dry, slightly fruity Cabernet.
- What is the one thing you refuse in your lifetime not to do? Hmm…. this is a tough one. I will find happiness. I will have adventures. I will grow and learn and become a better version of myself.
- What is your biggest fear? Spiders. I hate spiders with the passion of a thousand suns.
- What is your favorite music genre? Rock. I like lots of different kinds of rock… classic rock, punk rock, metal, alternative, etc.
- How will you make an impact in life? Do you know how some people refuse to accept the status quo? Even if it means they have to stick their necks out and risk their safety and sanity? Yeah… I tend to be that person when it is a topic I’m passionate about. I am going to make an impact by standing up for the right thing whenever I can, and by teaching my children to do the same. It isn’t always fun, or easy, but when you start to see things change it is amazing.
- What is your favorite food? I’m a big fan of sugary things. Creme brulee and cheesecake are definitely favorites.
- On a scale of 1 to 10, how well do you sing? I think I’m a 6. Slightly better than average but nowhere near perfect.
- Have you ever cried in the movie theatre? Yes. I cry in movies all the time. Damn my allergies.
- When something is wrong, who is the first person you turn too? Myself. I like to solve my own problems. Then I go to my husband or my dad.
- Will you smile even when you don’t feel like it? I suffer from Resting Bitch Face. RBF is a terrible affliction in which people think I’m pissed off all the time. Even when I’m happy. I try to smile, but I fail. Lacking a smile does not automatically mean I’m sad.
- If I had 3 wishes…. #1 I want to always have enough. I want enough food to eat, I want enough money to pay for what I need and do some fun things too, I want enough friends to never be lonely, I want enough love that my heart is never empty. #2 I want an island with a comfortable home (power and running water, preferably somewhere tropic) and a boat with a dock so I always have access to society when I want/need it. I value my privacy and I value my alone time. I want an island home where I can have both. My husband can spend his days fishing, my kids playing on the beach. I’ll lounging in the shade with a good book and a fruity drink. #3 I want more time with my family. Being a busy working mother time is the most precious commodity there is. I need more time with my family and less time at work and in the car and doing all those random tasks that keep me away from them.
- What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you? Never take off my pajamas. I try not to wear them in public. Sometimes I fail.
- What are the things that we can find in your bag/purse? Lots of random papers, pens, my wallet, a bit of makeup, crumbs from a cracker that somehow made it into my purse a month or two ago.
- Your favorite blog? The Bloggess. I love her.
- What is your favorite quote? “Just keep swimming” – Dori from Finding Nemo. Yep. It is an amazing and simple reminder to keep going, to keep trying, and not to give up. You might fail, but at least you tried.
- I love to pay it forward … Do You? Have You? Will You? I have certainly paid it forward in many ways, and I hope to continue doing so. Paying it forward can be a very small thing, or a very big thing… the thing really doesn’t matter. What does matter is that someone shared a little piece of themselves to make a positive influence in your life, and you shared a little bit of yourself to make a positive gesture toward another person.
- Your favorite place? New Orleans… watching the sun rise on the Riverwalk.
- What is the worst thing you have done that really wasn’t that bad? I’m not sure…. I don’t have a good answer for that.
- If your life will be a movie, who do you want to play your role? Umm…. I have no idea.
- Your favorite color? My favorite color tends to change a lot. For a while it was green, then orange, now I’m on to purple.
- Do you sing out loud where everyone can hear you? I used to, but was told it “Didn’t sound pretty.” Now I sing at home where only my family can hear. They don’t seem to be bothered by it, and I enjoy it. One day I hope to be brave enough to sing in public again.
- Do you floss, regularly? I go through phases where I floss all the time. Right now I am not in one of those phases and it has been a few days.
- Your favorite flower? Peonies
- Your favorite movie? The first movie that popped into my head was Requiem for a Dream. I don’t know that it is a true favorite, but I definitely enjoyed watching it and I recently read an article about it so it is fresh. I haven’t fallen in love with many recent movies to be honest. Does that mean I’m old? Crap. I think it does.
- How many places have you lived and where were they? I’ve lived in 8 different cities in my life… but I’m not telling where.
- Do you talk to strangers? Sometimes… interesting things happen.
- Your favorite vacation? I love tropical places where I get to sit on the beach and drink fruity drinks. Our favorite trip has been Cancun… things really fell into place for this vacation and while it might not have been the most interesting place we have ever been, it was really special.
- Nobody knows that I…. Now why would I tell you that?
- What is that one thing that you are really good at? I’m not good at answering these questions… that is for sure.
- Your favorite book? I’m a Potterhead. I love all of the Harry Potter books. Prisoner of Azkaban might be my favorite though.
- Your favorite outfit? I don’t really have one… I’m working on it though.
- The worst gift that I received… Gifts that are “Just Like” the thing I told them I wanted when they asked. Most of the time it isn’t just like what I asked for, and if you are going to ask me what I want then get what I asked for or something totally different. That sounds entitled and I don’t care.
OK, there were no repeats. This means I had a bunch of questions to answer.
My Nominations –
This one is going to be a work in progress for now and you are just going to have to accept that. Again… the One Lovely Blog Award and Liebster Award is going to end up being pretty similar. At least at first. My goal is to keep updating this as I find more blogs that I love an want to share.
Let’s be honest… this might not ever happen. Sorry.
Questions for my nominees –
- What was your first thought when you saw that you were nominated for this award?
- What was your first thought when you realized there was work involved?
- What made you decide that you wanted to start blogging?
- Do people that you know in real life know about your blog? Why or Why not? If not, are you going to tell them?
- Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
- What is the nicest thing you have done for someone today?
- Has anyone done anything nice for you today? What was it?
- Have you ever done anything unkind to someone? If you could take it back would you? What did you learn? (You don’t have to share what it is if you don’t want to)
- What is your biggest fear and how does it hold you back?
- What is the thing you are most proud of and how does that hold you back?
- Do you have a secret? A big, potentially life changing secret? (Share if you dare)