The Rules –
The One Lovely Blog Award nominations are chosen by fellow bloggers for those newer or up-and-coming bloggers. The goal is to help give recognition and to also help the new blogger reach more viewers. It also recognizes blogs that are considered to be “lovely” by the fellow-blogger who chose them. This award acknowledges bloggers who share their story or thoughts in a beautiful manner to connect with their viewers and followers. In order to “accept” the award the nominated blogger must follow several guidelines.
- Thank the person who nominated you for the award.
- Add the One Lovely Blog Award logo to your post and/or blog.
- Share 7 facts/or things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 bloggers you admire and inform nominees by commenting on their blog.
My Response –
Thanks to those who have nominated me. While I realize this is a purely social reward, it means that someone cared enough about what I am doing here to read my writings and to share my blog with their followers. That is like, kind of a big deal.
- Jet Set Brunette – I’ve poked my head over to her blog a handful of times and I’m looking forward to hearing about lots of fun adventures (and more pics of the fur babies).
- Apparently Anna – She blogs about a little of everything, which is just the way I like it.
Because I was nominated for this along with the Liebster Award, you might notice that I’m sharing answers between the two. I’m sort of lazy guys… judge me. I picked 10 of my Q&A’s from the Liebster Award page… I know I only needed 7. I’m In overachiever.
- What is your favorite drink? Non-alcoholic – Coca-Cola. I pink puffy heart love Coke. I know it is straight up poison sugar water and is terrible for you. It is just so frigging yummy. Alcoholic – I’m a big fan of Bourbon. Partially because it pairs so well with Coke, partially because it is tasty on it’s own, partially because it burns so good. Wine – Yes, it deserves it’s own entry. I like a medium body, dry, slightly fruity Cabernet.
- What is your biggest fear? Spiders. I hate spiders with the passion of a thousand suns.
- How will you make an impact in life? Do you know how some people refuse to accept the status quo? Even if it means they have to stick their necks out and risk their safety and sanity? Yeah… I tend to be that person when it is a topic I’m passionate about. I am going to make an impact by standing up for the right thing whenever I can, and by teaching my children to do the same. It isn’t always fun, or easy, but when you start to see things change it is amazing.
- Have you ever cried in the movie theatre? Yes. I cry in movies all the time. Damn my allergies.
- Will you smile even when you don’t feel like it? I suffer from Resting Bitch Face. RBF is a terrible affliction in which people think I’m pissed off all the time. Even when I’m happy. I try to smile, but I fail. Lacking a smile does not automatically mean I’m sad.
- What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you? Never take off my pajamas. I try not to wear them in public. Sometimes I fail.
- What is your favorite quote? “Just keep swimming” – Dori from Finding Nemo. Yep. It is an amazing and simple reminder to keep going, to keep trying, and not to give up. You might fail, but at least you tried.
- I love to pay it forward … Do You? Have You? Will You? I have certainly paid it forward in many ways, and I hope to continue doing so. Paying it forward can be a very small thing, or a very big thing… the thing really doesn’t matter. What does matter is that someone shared a little piece of themselves to make a positive influence in your life, and you shared a little bit of yourself to make a positive gesture toward another person.
- Your favorite place? New Orleans… watching the sun rise on the Riverwalk.
- Your favorite book? I’m a Potterhead. I love all of the Harry Potter books. Prisoner of Azkaban might be my favorite though.
My Nominations –
I’m not going to nominate for both… so check out my Leibster Page.