Today is Cyber Monday. Today is one of my favorite days of the entire year. I realize that the pricing for items on this day aren’t really that much better than any normal sale… but I don’t care. I fell for the hype. I own it.
Amazon is one of my favorite places… and today I’m going to help you Christmas shop. Because it is fun. I’ll be updating throughout the day because I do have other things to do but we will start with a few favorites.
- Kindle Paperwhite – Yes it is a dedicated e-reader. No you really can’t do anything other than read on it. Still… if you really like reading some of the small touches they gave this little device make it worth it. The textured screen, the backlight, the Whispernet that connects everywhere I have ever attempted to connect…. all things that I love. Some of you are thinking about how you like the feel of a real book, the smell of the paper; I understand and appreciate that. I don’t like the space that books take up. I don’t like having to carry a giant book (or books) with me on vacation. These things are super convenient. Plus most of the time you can get free and lower cost books. So there is that.
- If you are getting the Kindle invest in a cover… it makes it slightly more bookish in feel and has a neat little auto on/off feature when you open or close the case. It also helps protect your kindle when you drop it. (I drop things a lot).
- Like to read in the bath? Yeah me too. The problem is that electronics don’t love water (I drop things a lot). Invest in some of these handy dandy freezer bags and you don’t have to worry about it. The kindle and cover fit without adding a ton of extra bulk.
- This is a tricky gift depending on who you are purchasing for, but Cards Against Humanity is a hilariously fun game. The point is to be a terrible person… really… it works better that way. This game is NOT PC, and you probably shouldn’t play with your parents (no one needs that mental image). If you already have the game there are tons of expansion packs (here, here, here, and here… also maybe more but links are hard.) If you want to go all in you can also pick up everything in one handy dandy pack.
- Apples to Apples is similar to CAH, but more family friendly and generally appropriate for all. There are a few different versions that I don’t totally understand. We went with CAH because our kids aren’t old enough to understand board games yet and my husband and I accept we are terrible.
- Have family that lives far away? Want to share pictures? How about a digital photo frame that remotely updates with pictures and doesn’t take IT support to set up? Yes please. Check out this one or this other one.
- If by chance you or your loved ones live in places that are cold… a lovely Pashmina or Knit Scarf is a great accessory you can never have too many of. These can be a great budget gift or you can go with a Cashmere if you want something more lux.
- For the Mom (or Dad) to be I highly recommend the Boba Wrap. Babywearing has been A-maze-ing for my kids and I… and I honestly don’t know what I would have done without it. The Boba Wrap is great up until around 15 lbs, and you can follow that up with a woven wrap, Mai Tai, or Soft Structured Carrier. I haven’t really opened up on my love affair with babywearing on here… but it is real and it is somewhat obsessive.
Then again… here is a link to the Cyber Monday deals that are constantly changing. You never know what you will find that you just have to have…
**Affiliate links – If you click on a product link it may be an affiliate link. I use these links to offset my cost for making this blog awesome.