As a new blogger I was thrilled the first time someone clicked on my blog. Getting my first comment was amazing. My first follower blew my mind. Finding out that more than one person has nominated me for a social blogging award… total warm fuzzies.
So for those of you who nominated me, THANK YOU! Thank you for reading what I have to say. Thank you for following me. Thank you for sharing my page. Thank you for nominating me.
- First up is Laura from Jet Set Brunette, she nominated me for a “One Lovely Blog Award.” I’ve poked my head over to her blog a handful of times and I’m looking forward to hearing about lots of fun adventures (and more pics of the fur babies).
- Next is Anna from Apparently Anna. She also nominated me for a “One Lovely Blog Award.” She blogs about a little of everything, which is just the way I like it.
- Jessica at Send Sunshine nominated me for a “Liebster Award.” To be honest I hadn’t really stopped by her blog before the nomination, but I’m looking forward to checking it out. Jessica is an author, and her blog is comprised motivational quotes and positive thoughts. We all need more or those some days.
- Finally there is Jen at Staying Mom. She is an expat living down in Australia, and while I’ve popped over once or twice I’m really looking forward to getting to know her.
- While writing this post I was nominated by Berryduchess at (you guessed it) Berryduchess. This is another quirky and fun blog I’ve only just begun to discover. I’m a follower, and you should check her out as well.
The One Lovely Blog Award nominations are chosen by fellow bloggers for those newer or up-and-coming bloggers. The goal is to help give recognition and to also help the new blogger reach more viewers. It also recognizes blogs that are considered to be “lovely” by the fellow-blogger who chose them. This award acknowledges bloggers who share their story or thoughts in a beautiful manner to connect with their viewers and followers. In order to “accept” the award the nominated blogger must follow several guidelines.
- Thank the person who nominated you for the award.
- Add the One Lovely Blog Award logo to your post and/or blog.
- Share 7 facts/or things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 bloggers you admire and inform nominees by commenting on their blog.
The Liebster Award nominations are pretty similar to the One Lovely Blog nominations. We give his reward to fellow new-ish bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to help them reach more viewers. In order to “accept” this reward the nominated blogger must follow the guidelines below.
- Thank the person who nominated you for the award and link back to their blog.
- Add the Leibster Award logo to your post and/or blog.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award (and have less than 200 followers).
- Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions.
I’ve started my responses but there is still more work to be done. If you want to see what I have written, please click on the images above.